BBMAP is a set of PHP pages (mainly) that tend to give a status map capacity to Big Brother
and Hobbit, or even Nagios.
Current version V2.5 (27/11/2006).
- V2.5 : 27/11/2006
- add support to Hobbit by Daniel J McDonald
- V2.4 : 12/12/2003
- fix some bugs (users feedback)
- enable multiple parents for one node (compatible with existent map
- enable also to set color, width and a title for each parent's link
- enable submap to be with right access control (based on http request
control) with 'user:passwd' include in the globalmap.cfg file
- change a bit the way we put or change HOST/HOSTGROUP/SUBMAP in the
creation menu (thank to Daniel J McDonald):
- A Delete button removes the selected host from the map.
- In the bottom information list, put a link to enable redraw of the
options for the selected host.
- Allow to only change options with a Change button (do not change the
- By clicking on the map, only change the position on a existing host;
for non existing host, it creates the full entry with the selected info
- Preset code for database request for DJ McDonald specific extensions
- change the way service list or hosts list are managed through the
interface (thank to Massimo Carnevali)
- service list : the proposed services come from bbvar
- hosts/submap list : the proposed list comes from bbvar and bbmap/map
; you can now add or remove multiple hosts at once. Note that you still
have to add HOSTGROUP through the interface (or directly in the file
bbmap/admin/hostlist.cfg) since these HOSTGROUP have no reality in BB4 (it
can be used for instance for make one icone for all WEB services, or for
a specific APPLICATION, ...)
- Tested with IE 5, 6, Mozilla (0.99 and +), Netscape (4.79 and +)
- V2.3 : 16/09/2003
- change the shell script that gets status with a faster one
- add submap feature
MAP FEATURE WARNING : NEVER EVER THINK TO DO A CYCLIC REFERENCE OR PRAY FOR YOUR WEB SERVER !
In other words, if a map A has a submap B, and B has a submap ... A, then you have a circular reference and therefore when
the map feature try to get the status of the submap, you're going to get an infinite loop (status of A needs status of B which needs status of A ...). So the web server will have a very very
high load in a very short time.
- add a special minimal BBRELAY features for multi BBDISPLAY sites with one BBMAP server: a shell script verify if there is a change in the status and sends through BB to the final BBMAP server only what changed only.
- fix some bugs
- V2.2 : 03/07/2003 : enable to run without gzip and without register_globals=on in php.ini for perf and securty reasons,
bugs in sh scripts
V2.1 : 27/06/2003 First Public Release
Well, why ? Many people around me (hierarchy) want new features:
a Map picture "a la" Nagios with status on it, configurable, ...
a Map but with exactly what we want on it (hosts, services, ...)
a Map but with some restriction access according to a user/passwd in the Web Server
a Map where detailed status can be retrieved (if enable) but limited to what hosts and services are concerned
a Map with two status users : admin (who can change the map configuration) and others
a Map with submaps (or zoom capabilities)
a multi BBDISPLAYs organization with one BBMAP (also a BBDISPLAY with bbd running) as BBRELAY would do but only the change of status (green->yellow or back for instance) will initiate a message to be sent
of course, everything dynamic, multi-users, compatible with existing bb4.
You can find my others projects and my CV on this WebSite :